9-7-2021 : Covid Update from NSW Govt & NSW Golf 
The NSW Government has announced new restrictions related to exercise:
People will be able to exercise only in groups of two (or with their households)
People may not exercise more than 10km from their homes
These restrictions take effect from 5pm this evening.
The new restrictions mean that the clubs have to adopt new playing conditions to comply.
The following changes will come into effect from 5pm tonight (9th July)
All current timesheets will be deleted
The new timesheets will open from 5pm tonight with 2 per line
Course access will be restricted to those living within a 10k radius of the courses.
Maximum 2 players per group
Strictly 1 person per cart
1 tee start
All practise facilities will be closed
All competitions will be MEMBERS only
All competitions will be single events only .. no 2 balls
Please attend no more than 10 minutes before scheduled tee time
Service NSW QR code check-in is required
Single entry point to courses.
Covid Marshalls to be in place to check eligibility.
Mi-score app use is highly encouraged
Mask use when in pro shops or when using club amenities is mandatory.
Eftpos only.
Social distancing rules apply. Members requested not to congregate before or after game.
The RWC Mens Golf Club committee will continue to keep you updated as more news comes to light.
7-7-2021: Executive Committee update due to extension of Greater Sydney lockdown.
The NSW government today announced an extension of the current lockdown to Friday 16/7. On top of this, 3 council areas being Canterbury Bankstown, Liverpool and Fairfield were named as areas of concern or hotspots and residents have been instructed to limit their travel outside these areas, stay home and only go out for essential purposes.
In light of this,the Executive Committee have unanimously decided to cancel our booking at Antill Pk this Sunday as only a handful of members would be eligible to play and also did not want to bear the responsibility of advising otherwise and risk having people fined for travelling outside the mentioned hotspots. Players wanting to try and play should make their own arrangements.
The next game is scheduled for Calderwood on 18/7 and again we will not be able to confirm anything until next week when the health orders are updated by the NSW Govt.
Once again and until then we ask the members to be patient and we promise that as soon as we know anything we will let you know.
Stay safe,
The Executive Committee.
7-7-2021: Executive Committee update due to extension of Greater Sydney lockdown.
Dear members, as you may or may not have heard, the Sydney lockdown has been extended until 16/7. Also, orders have been announced that people in the Canterbury Bankstown, Liverpool and Fairfield council areas must limit their travels and stay home except for absolute essential reasons. As this impacts a great deal of our members, the Executive Committee have been instructed to look into the matter further and discuss our position going forward. The committee will announce their decision later this evening. Until then please be patient and stay safe.
As aresult of the cancellation of the 1st rnd of the 4BBB Championship at Campbelltown Gc on 27/6/21, the committee had decided to reschedule this event to Antill Pk this coming Sunday. However due to the current Greater Sydney lockdown we have had to contact Antill pro shop for some clear advice about our booking. They responded today with this information for our members to digest before making their own decisions.
  1. Antill Pk will honour our booking whether the lockdown continues or is removed.
  2. If lockdown is still in place, carts will be limited to 1 per person but can carry 2 sets of clubs and max 2 carts in a group. Cost per cart will still be $40 per person. If no LD then carts as per normal and $40 twin share.
  3. We are able to travel to Antill Pk as the Wollondilly Shire is part of the Greater Sydney LGA.
After receiving this information, the committee has decided that should the lockdown be lifted, then the 1st Rnd of 4BBB Championship will be played but should the lockdown continue then the round may revert back to a normal single stableford event due to the carts issue and possible player reluctance to attend. Should the numbers not decrease and single carts are sufficient, then the 4BBB will be played with lockdown rules.
Below is the last posted booking sheet and we need to know if anyone would like to add their name to it or have it removed. This sheet is assuming that lockdown will be lifted and conditions will be as normal. Please also indicate if you require a cart.
If the lockdown is not lifted by Friday 9/7/21 we will repost the booking sheet and assess and notify you of the committees decision at that time as to how this event will be organised.
Thanking you once again for your patience and please stay safe.
Gentlemen a final message from our committee.
Similar to last year’s Sydney lockdown information received is that golf is allowed as its considered essential exercise. However, COVID restrictions must be adhered too. Outdoor groups up to a max of 10 and social distancing must be maintained. Therefore the Executive Committee has decided to cancel Revesby Men’s 4BBB matchplay event tomorrow. However our booking at Campbelltown remains if anyone wants to play social golf. No handicapping or points scores will occur. Campbelltown have not advised how carts will be managed. There may be only one person to a cart. All at your own risk.
26-6-2021:Update regarding current lockdown in Sydney and tomorrow’s event.
To date, our committee members have been trying to contact various organisations along with Campbelltown Golf Club regarding tomorrow’s event and we still have no clear advice from anyone as to whether we can play, what restrictions there will be and if we are even allowed to travel that far for golf.
In light of this we have given Campbelltown GC until 8pm to respond to us with information and a call will be made by the committee at this time as to whether we play or cancel.
The Committee

Comments are closed.